The largest number of divorce filings occur during January, followed closely by July and August. There are a myriad of reasons for the popularity of January for filing for divorce including, but not limited to:
1. It makes the most sense for tax filing
2. Couples stay together in order not to ruin the holidays for their children/family
3. Couples may be using the holidays as one last effort to keep the marriage together or make things work
4. The stress from the holidays exacerbates an already existing problem within the marriage.
5. A large number of attorneys are out of the office due to the holidays (or not taking on new cases) so people have to wait until January to begin the process
The July/August filings tend to be from those with children, trying to make the change right after summer vacation but before school starts if they’re considering relocating.
But what does this mean for you, if you are considering filing for divorce? Absolutely nothing. The fact is, there is no “good” time for divorce. Divorce is stressful, and it’s likely going to be painful no matter what month it occurs in.
One way to lessen the stress and the emotional impact of the divorce process on not only you, but your children/family (if applicable) is to hire a CDC Certified Divorce Coach® before you ever start the divorce proceedings. A divorce coach is not a substitute for an attorney and cannot offer you legal advice, but a CDC Certified Divorce Coach® can help you manage the emotional turmoil that will inevitably arise and help you move forward through the divorce process in the best possible way.
Set up a call today with one of the co-founders to get all of your questions answered and to request an enrollment form.
Going through a divorce can be exhausting – physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Divorce coaching is a flexible, goal-oriented process designed to support, motivate, and guide people going through divorce to help them make the best possible decisions for their future
In this article, we're going to take a rare peek behind the curtains of CDC and get some real, honest insight into what CDC is all about, and what a difference being a divorce coach can make – not only in your own life, but in the lives of others. Pegotty Cooper,...