Requirements for Becoming a CDC Certified Divorce Coach®
Complete the Divorce Coaching training, study, and coach practicums through the CDC College for Divorce Coaching®.
Upon successful completion of the CDC College for Divorce Coaching® program, you will be sent an application to apply to the CDC Board of Standards® for certification. See below for additional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or work experience equivalency. (If you are not sure how you can qualify for this program, please call or Email us to discuss.)
- Provide either your college transcripts or a copy of your diploma.
- Attach a copy of your resume.
- Attach two original letters of good moral character reference. These letters may be from anyone familiar with the applicant, with the exception of relatives.
- Attach a short statement about why you are or want to be a Divorce Coach.
We typically train and certify:
- Mental Health Counselors
- Family Mediators
- Doctors, Nurses, Health Care Workers
- Social Workers or Health-Related Fields
- Lawyers or Paralegals under legal supervision
- Other people who have life experience and who want to help make a difference for people in divorce.