From a certifieddivorceocach.com survey on divorce coaching, here are the 6 biggest reasons that divorce coaches report clients seeking their support:
- Dealing with a difficult spouse. This is a double whammy for divorce clients because this person who used to be your beloved is now waging war against you. And the person you used to look to for support when you were up against it is no longer there. And they know how to push all your hot buttons to boot!
- They are thinking about divorce but not sure what that would mean. This includes everything from how this will affect my children, to how do I go through the process, to how do I tell my spouse.
- Feeling overwhelmed by the need to prepare the documentation necessary for starting the process.
- Lack of confidence about handling the financial questions.
- Needing courage for making the everyday decisions as well as the big decisions in divorce
- Preparing for the post-divorce roles of head of household and often as co-parent, and taking those actions required by the divorce settlement.
Now you know some of the top reasons that people seek support. There were 20 reasons cited in the survey and I am guessing there could be even more! Divorce is not something anyone plans for and when it happens, the men and women and parents impacted by divorce often feel alone and ill-prepared. A divorce coach can be the person who provides a calm, patient and safe space for the client to explore their wants, and don’t wants, needs and concerns so that they can make better decisions for their future.
Leveraging Your Expertise to Become a Divorce Coach
To explore how you can leverage your experience to incorporate divorce coaching into your practice and become a confident divorce coach for clients, register for our free mini-training webinar.
If you are unable to attend that webinar, and want to talk with us about divorce coaching, click here to set up a one-on-one call at a day and time which works best for you.
This is a program which is being offered only to CDC Certified Divorce Coaches and is being led by five highly experienced professionals who have lived the experience they are sharing with you and have made careers in different areas of expertise which are needed at...
CDC Certified Divorce Coaches help clients keep their eye on what is right in the world and develop greater capacity to create a life they love in the next chapter. In your heart you know you can contribute to changing the culture of divorce and help others to come...
Divorce is a deeply transformative process, and for those who seek to guide others through this challenging terrain, becoming a divorce coach can be a profoundly rewarding career choice. In this article, we will explore the world of divorce coaching and the myriad...