When I was faced with divorce in midlife, after more than 26 years of marriage I had no idea where to start. I felt overwhelmed and isolated and I did not know anyone to turn to as a knowledgeable sounding board. My divorce took longer than it should have, cost more money than necessary and was therefore, also more stressful than I had ever imagined possible. I vowed at the time that I would make every effort to help other people facing divorce in the future. Then I went far beyond my own personal experience to build my knowledge about the various facets of divorce, learning from many divorce professionals as well as other people who had divorced and I enrolled in the extensive courses at the CDC College for Divorce Coaching and ultimately became a CDC Certified Divorce Coach.
What I do:
Now I help others move through divorce in a more thoughtful, prudent and efficient way. I can help you define your goals and determine the steps you need to take to move forward. I will work to help reduce the amount of time and money you spend and I also focus on reducing your stress level so that you can think clearly and make the best possible decisions for your future.
Children, even older and adult children, can feel hurt, sad and disappointed when their parents divorce. I encourage consistent mindfulness of the impact of divorce, and the way you speak about and handle it, on your children.
I also assist with the transition into a post divorce life, focusing on making it more joyful and fulfilling. While it may be hard to imagine now, you will not only survive divorce but can truly thrive afterwards.
I can help you:
- Define your goals.
- Determine actions to move toward attaining your goals.
- Prepare for meetings with your divorce attorney or mediator.
- Maintain focus on your values and what is best for your future.
- Remain focused on what is best for your children as well.
- Prepare what you will communicate to family and friends.
I will provide:
- A confidential safe way for you to discuss your challenges.
- A sounding board and a thinking partner.
- Referrals for additional professional expert advice as needed.
- Ideas for nurturing yourself and reducing stress.
- Assistance in transitioning to a new fulfilling life after divorce.
Rhonda is a longtime resident of San Francisco, CA and has 2 children she adores, a daughter and son, who are both young adults now. She grew up and earned her Bachelor of Science in Texas. Rhonda has a Certificate in Career Planning and College Counseling and is a CDC Certified Divorce Coach. In addition to divorce coaching Rhonda is also an active Realtor. She has a long history of volunteer work and loves designing with textiles and being a foodie in San Francisco.